Monday, June 20, 2011

Sewing Extravaganza and Craft Night!

Whew!  It's been quite an exciting couple of days!  I started a sewing class last week because I know absolutely NOTHING about the art of sewing and I've been dying to learn!  There's been numerous things over the years that I've thought....oh, I want to be able to make that!....and can't.  I'm a dummy when it comes to anything with a needle and thread (I'm the girl that took shop class instead of home-ec) .  I can't even sew a button on a shirt!  So...as you can see...it was time to learn.  My friend Lilo, grew up with a mom that made everything...she knitted, crocheted, sewed...she did it all.  Linda is a sewing genius. Pam mentioned my interest in sewing to Linda and she offered to show us how to make a few styles of dresses.  The pillowcase and t-shirt dresses were our first attempts.  Wow.  I had no idea what went into the sewing process...lots of detail, but I love it!  Here are the dresses that Pam, Whitney, Linda and I made.....I was shocked!

Most of these pictures were stolen from Whitney's blog, because I had no camera...thanks Whit!
My little blueberry girl...she went through several containers of berries during our sewing.  Thank goodness Linda brought some blueberries from her farm! 
The finished product.  Thanks Linda and Pam! 
Oh, how cute is this! 
We are so proud of these dresses! 

One more taken with my iphone...I couldn't hardly get this dress off of her!
Now for the tshirt dress...this one is probably my favorite!
I can hopefully do many more sewing projects now that I have a little bit more knowledge about the process.  The possibilities are endless!  Woo hoo!!

We had our 2nd craft night with the girls and it was just as fun as the 1st! Ashley hosted and taught us how to make a "lollie wreath"!
Here's Whit with her safety goggles on.  Ha!

        
Most of us did a 4th of July theme like the one above and they all turned out really cute!  I'm not quite done with mine yet, hopefully by the end of the week.  As always, I enjoyed visiting and crafting with the girls!

No comments: