Monday, June 27, 2011

Random stuff

The last couple of weekends have been a lot of fun...definitely busy, but fun!  Last Friday was my last week of not working Friday :(....back to my old schedule....shucks!  No more poolside Friday's for Ansley and I, it's back to the grind for me.  We've had weddings, galas, birthday preparations, and everything in between.  I'm just plain tuckered out.  But I found a few pictures that I just had to post. 
A couple Friday evenings ago we had a wedding to attend for a beautiful couple, Aimee and Kendall. Seriously....they are adorable and both in love with the Lord.  It's so amazing to see how Christ has been so evident in their lives over the years.  We were only able to make it to the reception, but I'm so glad we did!  It was a very special evening!  You can't tell from this picture, but Ansley had a pretty fun night too.     
She danced just about the whole evening with her little friends Andrea, Will, Anna, Emma, Andrew...they were a hoot!  I took a video of the dancing, but the picture is really dark.

On Saturday we had choir practice for our 4th of July choir program and then Jason and I went to the Heart Hospital and Cancer Institute Gala at St. Francis.  Jason has put a lot of work into getting this going....his new office will be there and there's been so much to plan for.  The gala was a huge success for the medical center and we really enjoyed the evening.  There was dancing, amazing singing, yummy food, and fireworks.  It was quite an extraordinary evening!  For Jason and I, it means there's an end in sight to the late nights at work and the numerous dinners/work functions he's had to be at.  Yay!!

There's been a lot of stuff go on in between the big events too....like feathers and cake making.  Ansley and I both got feathers in our hair (her feather is for her birthday and mine is just for fun!).  I'm in love with it.  I can hide it, show it off, curl it, you name it...that feather has all kinds of tricks ;)! 
Here's "Donelle"(as Ansley says it) putting Ansley's pink feather in. I love having a stylist in the family!
She loved it! 

There's also been some major cake-making going on too.  Ansley's cake was about a 4 day process and Danielle I. got to get in on some of the action.  Ansley decided she wanted to lick the spatula and knew who to befriend to allow such things.  More, more, more is all we heard from her!
She licked it clean! 
She really got into it as you can tell :). Ha! 
For those of you ate the cake....don't worry...all cake making supplies were thoroughly cleaned after this little one got ahold of them!

                

No comments: