Tuesday, August 21, 2012

This morning I was greeted in bed by an anxious little girl.  She came running into our bedroom with her raspy, sleepy voice yelling "Mommy, I so cited (excited) about my furst day of stool (school) today!". It was almost too much for me to handle.  How is she 3 already and going to school two days a week?!  It's official....we have a preschooler.  Crazy.
We loaded up all her little things...her backpack with all her fun supplies, lunch, sleeping bag, puppy dog pillow pet, Beatrice, and of course, Charli...she came too :).  On the way, she asked me..."Mommy, are you happy that I'm getting bigger?"  I knew this was probably coming, I had been a mess all morning knowing that my baby was getting bigger and there was nothing I could do to stop it. So all I could say was, "yes, Ans, of course Mommy is happy you're getting bigger, but it's bittersweet.

So there I was, trying to explain bittersweet to a 3 year old.....It was really funny, I promise. Ha!  I think she somewhat understood what I was trying to say as I was pulling into the church parking lot (10 minutes later). :)

  Here's the big preschooler!
She wanted to give Charli hugs 
She wanted me to take a picture of the two of them.  She seriously loves Charli! 
For pickup, Jason came along.  She immediately jumped into his arms.  
A proud Daddy 
Time to take Daddy back to work!

And then we got a special treat for our first day of school....sno cones!  She was thrilled, obviously.
Her flavor was watermelon and strawberry, 2 of her favorites.  
It was such a bittersweet day, but one we won't forget.    
      

No comments: