Friday, August 26, 2011

First Day of MDO!

For weeks we've been telling Ansley she was headed to school soon... and the bittersweet day finally arrived.  Yesterday was Ansley's first day of Mother's Day Out!  I say bittersweet because I know SHE needs the interaction and learning AND I'm also excited about an afternoon to run errands and such, BUT....I almost backed out (thankfully Jason surprised us by being in the parking lot when we arrived...him being there definitely helped!).  If she would have cried for me like some of the other kiddos did, I'm not sure I could have left yesterday.  Instead, her little hand raised to give us a sweet wave as we walked out of sight.  Uh...I missed her so BADLY.  It took me most of the day to realize....she was not with me AND I didn't have to go to work.  I had a few good cries during the afternoon, got in some much needed retail therapy, and then got myself back together for her pickup.  She was excited to get to school and excited to come home, so all around...it was a great day for her! 

 This is Ansley at the house before we left.  That lunchbag was her favorite accessory.  When we arrived at church she wanted to let Jason know EVERYTHING that could be found in there.  "I have meelk, wadder, cheese, fuit naks...." ;)
Here she is marching in like a big girl! 
This is the look of excitement in case you were wondering. 
There was a little bit of time for a quick pic of our family of 3. 
Here she is romping around with her buddy, Ellie. 
This was taken as we were walking out.  I asked her how her day went, what she did, of course I wanted ALL the details!  
"Um...I payed babies with Ellie and....payed babies"
This was just about more than my heart could handle! 
Big milestones are happening here at the BANDERMANN'S!

1 comment:

Mallory said...

So sweet! I love her outfit and how she's carrying her lunch bag. What a little girly girl!! :)