Monday, May 30, 2011

Laughs and Crafts!

My SIL, Whitney came up with the idea of a craft night with a bunch of us girls.    Her mom used to do a craft night at church with all her friends and as Whitney remembers, made all kinds of fun crafts back in the day....including some "nerdy reindeer".  When she mentioned this I was so excited....I love getting my craft on and I love that it gives us all a reason to get together!  So after seeing my burlap and rosette inspired front- door wreath, Whitney put together this craft club.  We now have our very own artsy fartsy club called "Laughs and Crafts" (name given by Ashley).  We had such a blast!  I gathered supplies for a couple of the girls and most of the others got their own (there are quite a few girls that are very creative!).  I basically taught them how to make the fabric rosettes and then guided the rest of the wreath making.  It was so neat to see how different all the wreaths looked when we were all finished.  They were all fantastic!  We also had a fabulous time chatting and laughing (poor Whitney had us rolling after some tragic craft "situations").  If you want to read more on this, hop on over to Whitney's blog.  She has most of the details.  :)
Ashley and I showing off  our rosettes
My SIL Laura made some adorable fluffy rosettes!  We were amazed by her skills! 
Whitney and Kelly....notice the aloe.  Ouch! 
Heather! She got the award for quickest crafter!
Krystal getting her craft on with her clever jellyroll fabric 
Our group picture with all our wreaths.  So fun!

 
It was such a great night hanging out and making memories.  I seriously can't wait until the next craft night hosted by Ashley.  We will be making a 4th of July paper lollie wreath.  Woo hoo!!
  

No comments: