Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Tale of Two Turkey Hunters

Well, Jason finally persuaded me to go turkey hunting with him this year and it was definitely worth all of his begging!  No, I did not kill a turkey.  I actually missed a HOG, as Jason would put it!  Regardless, the excitement of all my hunts and the time spent with Jason was incredible!  I am hooked!  I went three times this season (in a "luxury" blind) and I can't wait for next year!  I know...it's odd.    I now understand Jason and my family's love for the hunt! 

1st hunt: Missed a BIG turkey at 15 yds.  Ugh!
2nd hunt: Heard absolutely nothing, but loved the sound of the wind in the trees!
3rd hunt: Heard several gobblers, but no luck.  A hen flew right in front of us and went straight to the gobbler.  We missed out on the action, if you know what I mean!
Here is a picture of our 4 a.m. hunt.  I know...crazy!
Ugh..awful picture.  We only took it for proof.

When I was browsing through pictures I found this gem.  This is my brother, Jason, my dad and our dog, Alleigh.  I love this picture...I want to frame it somewhere!  They love being in freezing cold water when it's 15 degrees out.  They are obsessed with the hunt...this one is for ducks. 


Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Okay, I had to read this 4 times to take this in. YOU LIKE HUNTING!?! Haha! That's hilarious. You'll have to be my "outdoorsy" friend in Cape :) Love it!

Ashley Tanksley said...

I loved reading this! Last year BJ's dream was for me to go turkey hunting with him. It was such a wonderful time for the two of us. I killed a turkey last year, so I thought it was easy, but this year I was not so lucky. We walked into the field before daylight, and when we returned back to the truck, in the afternoon, I realized we were walking through a field with big longhorn bulls! BJ said they weren't "real men" so it was okay, but I thought it was crazy! It is hard to explain to people but turkey hunting is such a fun time with your husband. Hope all is well with you guys!