Monday, May 24, 2010

Anything else to CELEBRATE?

Whew!  This weekend was a busy one!  Get ready to hear about some serious parties! 
Friday, we went to Sarah and Ty's wedding reception in Sikeston...which was absolutely gorgeous!  The reception was at Ty's parent's lake that had a cool underwater patio, a hillbilly yacht, 300 scattered roses, amazing bride/groom images draped everywhere, glowing lanterns, yummy food, and a smores table that was scrumptious!  I didn't bring my camera (what was I thinking!), but I will try to get some pictures from Sheri soon.  It was so fun!

Saturday, my day started when Jason left to run with Bro. Mark about 6:30 a.m.  I planned a surprise party for his 30th birthday and our friends were going to be arriving at our house at noon.  I needed to get a few things done before Ansley got up, so I drug myself out of bed.  I'm glad I did!  There was quite a bit to get ready, but it was all worth it!  It turns out Jason was not on to us until he saw Uncle Dave's truck, Agatha's van, and Alex's truck, all parked at our neighbor's house....he quickly caught on.  UGH!  I can never surprise him fully!  But it was still a good time!  It was nice to celebrate his 30 years of life with our closest family and friends over a delicious lunch.  Then, it was off to Blodgett for laser tag with Ryan and Whitney and the Ewasko's.  Now, that was fun (even if we were the only adults in the entire place)!  We can't wait to go back!  Next time we won't let Ryan scare the little kids :). 





Ryan and Whit
The Pinkels
Jansen was out!
Tickling Ansley
Lounging on the deck
The Bakers

(Unfortunately, I missed getting everyone's picture that was in attendance)

Saturday evening after the party and laser tag, Jason, Ansley, and I went to Devon and Jodi's wedding reception in Marble Hill.  It was also a beautiful reception and more yummy food...the chocolate fountain was my favorite!

Sunday, we had a great church service (Mrs. Cathy sang) and we heard the second installment of a wonderful sermon series on marriage by Bro. Mark.  Afterwards, we ate lunch at O'Charley's with the Bandermanns(R & W), Ewaskos, and Pinkels.  Then, we went home for a short nap and then headed out to Matt's graduation party. 

WOW!  Can we squeeze anymore stuff in one weekend...uhh, probably not! 

Hope you all had a good one!
  

No comments: