Friday, August 30, 2013

Maeryn's Arrival

I've had some very special pictures tucked away ever since our friends came home with their adoptive daughter, Maeryn.  I know this sounds strange, but I forget that she's even adopted some days.  I actually think she looks more like her momma than the other Mayhew kiddos do.  Ha!  Heather just posted yesterday that they've been home for 2 months and I can't even believe it!  It seems like it was just yesterday!  She is such a precious addition to their little family and we are so thrilled to see how their new journey with 4 kiddos plays out.  
Here they are landing at the Cape airport
And seeing their kiddos for the first time in 2 weeks!
 
 Lots of hugs and kisses all around
 So happy to have them home safely! 
 Here's the star, Maeryn 
The kids loved meeting her for the very first time
My little family taking in the moment
 
I love that everyone was sporting their shirts!
 
  Unfortunately, it was a hectic drive to the airport for the Bandermanns.  We thought their flight came in an hour later than it really did and I was crying thinking that I was going to miss their arrival.  Needless to say, the trip to the airport was so stressful!  Whew! I would have been devastated to miss that sweet moment!  So thankful we are surrounded by friends that have answered this AMAZING call on their lives.  :)   

No comments: