Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day 💝

Valentine's Day was so good this year.  In preparation for the big V-day, Ansley and I made some special treats for her class. They were little heart and cupcake crayons (found in the Target dollar spot) that we attached to a little card that said "Valentine, you color my world". Simple and cute. Thank you pinterest.  She layed each one out and counted them to make sure we had enough (of course we were one short, so back to Target I went...story of my life).
She was especially fond of the cupcake crayons and purple was her pick.  She could NOT wait to pass them out to her friends!
On Valentine's day, it started out to be a pretty typical morning with the girls. Wake up time around 7:45, I fed Charli, got Ansley up (milk and the "T.D." on for her), and then I usually scurry around trying to get out the door and off to school with the girls. Jason and I had exchanged a few texts, but my biggest surprise came when I dropped Ansley at school. There was a beautiful bouquet of chocolate and fruit and a little box for the girls. It was seriously one of the sweetest surprises ever. Ansley was so so sweet when she found out that daddy had left her and Charli some sweets too. "Awwww, mom. Dat was so sweet of Daddy". Sometimes my heart feels as if it's going to explode because of her tenderness.
 
Ok...here's my surprise!  I'm in love with chocolate covered strawberries, ya'll.  For real!  This picture kind of makes my heart flutter :)
I snapped a quick picture of the girls after they found out Daddy left them a special treat.  They were clearly excited (matching outfits compliments of Pamaw and Pappaw). 
Later on, we ate at our favorite restaurant, Watami (in a mad rush to get to "nastics" as Ansley would say or gymnastics as most of us would call it). Ansley refused to miss her gymnastics for Watami, so Jason took her and my dad and I came later to watch after our dinner with my family was almost over. We got some MORE Valentine goodies from my parents and the Mayhews that evening. Clearly, our girls are spoiled rotten! :)
Overall, Valentine's Day was such a treat and apparently Jason has more planned for just the two of us. I can't wait!!! Tomorrow he has a St. Louis trip on the agenda with lots of shopping and dinner. Some of THIS girl's favorite things to do!! Woo hoo!!

No comments: