Monday, February 4, 2013

The Woodland Homecoming

My mom's volleyball team was recognized at the Woodland Homecoming a couple of weeks ago.  They were undefeated her senior year and unfortunately at that time, there was no State volleyball championships.  Had there been a State tournament, they would have most likely made it with their record.  They were recognized for their record in one-hit volleyball (what was so interesting to me is that every hitter had a setter.  My mom happened to be a hitter.) and their daughters (me and a few of my teammates and some that were older) were recognized for actually GOING to State.  It was really interesting to see the daughters of this undefeated 1973 team, most of which, had made it to State.  Pretty cool, huh?!
The team in 1973
My mom is the top middle...unfortunately the quality of the picture is bad. :(
And here they are today....
Then we joined them and they announced our State volleyball years when Woodland was represented.
Jason also had a small part at half-time too.  He announced the amount that was raised for the Dig for Life campaign that St. Francis helps sponsor.  
My cousin, Shelby is the beauty in the back row, three from Jason.  She was also a candidate for Homecoming that night.    
My mom and I with her little certificate. :)
It was a fun evening and neat to see how we're all still tied into our little school we fondly remember as Woodland in the big town of Marble Hill. :) We all had some good years there!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ummmm. You and your mom are twins! So cool! :)