Monday, February 25, 2013

Charli Suttyn: 8 Months


*You waved!!! You actually opened and closed your sweet little hand and waved to your daddy!! And wouldn't you know it....I missed it.  Ugh!! Can't wait to see your little waves happen more frequently now. :)

*Everyone, but myself has heard you say....ma ma!  :(  I've tried to get you to say it for me and thought it would be the perfect Valentine's present, but you just smile and say da da! One of these days you will make my heart skip a beat when you say it for the first time :)

*You are quite the demanding little turkey.  When you want something, you grunt until you get it.  Sassy already!!

*You are loving your dollhouse at Pamaw's and your newly opened Disney castle!  You are so content just playing and putting the pieces in and out of the dollhouse with the little people.  Ansley is so excited to have a playing buddy!

*Our newest food attempts have been avocado, kiwi, prunes (because we have poop issues :) ), and bananas.  You have liked each of them, especially the kiwi!  That's my girl!

*You have said or mimicked me saying....uh oh!  I was shocked when it happened the first time.  I went to pick up one of your socks (we can never find both socks, you love to kick them off constantly) and of course, I said...."uh oh" as I was picking it up.  Shockingly, you mimicked it!  You were so smiley and proud of yourself when you did!

*You're not much of a snuggler and I'm trying to change that.  Ha!  We like our snuggle time in this family and you will hopefully learn to love it.  :)  Recently, before bedtime after I have you all swaddled up, I'll sing and hold you tight for about 10 minutes before letting you lie down.  At first, you sing and coo along with me (your legs usually kick constantly) and then you settle in and groan the rest of the time without one little movement made.  I can usually feel your whole body relax.  These little moments we've been sharing together are priceless.

*This Valentine's Day you stole your Daddy's heart all over again.  He's so blessed to have 2 precious little Valentines.

*You are standing steadier and steadier with help these days.  You think you're sooo big when you do!

*You've recently been clapping your hands together and sometimes giving the "more" sign. We love to sing paddy cake with you too!

Oh Charli....we've witnessed some big changes in such a short amount of time.  You're as spunky as ever and we can't wait to see your sweet personality bloom.  We love you silly!

No comments: