Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wow. Did That Really Just Happen?!

Today, Ansley and I got up to do our typical morning thing.  Eat some breakfast, snuggle while watching a little bit of the Dinosaur Train and Sesame Street and then off to play with all her toys. 
[However, I need to mention, recently we've had Ansley on an antibiotic for a "not-so-pleasant experience" she had recently with Keagan-the Killer Dog :) (he kind of nipped at Ansley, we just joke....he's not really a killer and she was totally fine...there was no blood and no crying).  Anyways, the antibiotic makes her stool a little loose.]
Now, that you have that information...I'll continue.

As we're playing, I realize Ansley had gone off to do her thing...you know, poop.  So I decided to wait it out a little to make sure she was done.  I made my way back to her bedroom to straighten a few things in her closet and then take care of the inevitable (which by the way, has recently been quite a deal, she now hates her diaper changed).  As I turn around to grab her and put her on the changing table, I realize the piles of POO on the floor. Yes, I said piles. 
OK...so I tried not to overreact...picked her up, hosed her off in the tub, disposed of the really full-nasty diaper, and put on a fresh one.  All the while, I'm laughing because I totally could have prevented this.  I proceed to take Ansley to her toys in the living room so she can play and I can clean.  I grab a putty knife to scrape up the mess, spot shot, and a rag (by the way, the living room thing didn't work...Ansley at this point is in the hallway crying and knocking on the door to come in).  I do my best to clean up the off-white colored carpet and finally let the teary-eyed girl in.  We sang a few songs, read a few books and I put her down for her nap (which at this point is late).  Whew.  I'm done.  I can relax for a second, wipe off the sweat and get some other things done around here.  I mosey into the kitchen and low and behold, more poop!  And we're not talking a little...everywhere Ansley had fallen (we still have some walking falls), poop must have squirted out!  My entire kitchen floor was covered in piles of squirted poop.  I was frozen, I couldn't move...it took me what felt like 5 minutes to take in the poop disaster!  However, this time I was thankful it was on the tile and not the carpet, because a quick run of the room with another rag, a mop, and some Clorox would do the trick!   
Again, laughing and before even cleaning up the mess, I picked up the phone to let Jason know how our morning had gone.  I needed someone else to laugh at the hilarity of it all.  Jason-Wow.  Did that really just happen?!  Me-Yes, I'm pretty sure it did.  And it's called the life of a mom with a toddler! 

Whew!  Glad that's over.  Well...maybe over, I've still got my eye out for more poop piles!

Sorry, I know you probably didn't want to hear about our poop story, I just had to share!   
               

2 comments:

Ashley said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS.


Hahahahaahahahahahaahah!!!!!!

The Ewaskos said...

Now I know who to call when it's our time to have these moments. This story had Matt and I both laughing but yet knowing...one day will be our day!