Friday, July 16, 2010

My baby's babies

Ansley was just gifted three fabulous dolls for her birthday and she absolutely adores them...most of the time!  She rocks them, hugs them, and sometimes they get an occasional kiss.  It is so sweet to see how motherly she already is, even at the age of one!  She likes to stroll all three of them around the house, hitting every piece of furniture in her way, and losing at least one baby out of the one-passenger stroller during her walks.  It is pretty comical.  She talks to them with her precious little words (that we can't quite understand) in that oh so sweet little voice.  Absolutely precious.

And then...I heard that precious little voice (in a louder tone this time), so I got curious.  I mosied back to her bedroom, where she was playing, to find her nicely laying her babies on her chair and then one-by-one throwing them on the floor...at this point somewhat yelling!  Ok...I watch for a second to make sure I'm understanding what's happening.  And yes, she had an attitude with the babies...she was apparently disciplining them.  What?  Is this a joke?  No...actually, it wasn't a joke.  We have never had to discipline Ansley, other than say...no, no for something very minor.  But that's it.  So of course, I tell her...Ansley, we love our babies and don't want to hurt them!  After giving her this pep talk several times...she continued with the throwing.  What's a mom to do?  At this point, I'm slightly panicked...all I see is Ansley trying to throw her cousin Jansen across the room next time she's with him!  So, I called for backup.  Jason walked in and gave me the most confused look.  After observing for a second and getting the low-down from me...he made the executive decision to put the babies away for a few days.  Eek!  I thought the attitude would definitely show it's ugly head now, but she didn't miss a beat!  It was like she thought they needed to go away too! 
Has anyone ran into this situation before?  My little mother hen has started disciplining...wow, how do they learn these things?!
The day I took these she loved her babies!

        

No comments: