Wednesday, June 26, 2013

No More Clip-On Earrings for THIS Girl!

I think since the moment Ansley really noticed me putting in earrings for the first time, she has wanted some for herself.  We're talking BEFORE she was even three. I can hear it so clearly..."Mommy, I need some eawings wike you!"  I'm sure I repeated my answer a hundred times..."you'll have to wait until you get older" (side note....every time I hear this phrase, it reminds me of Mrs. Pott's and Chip in Beauty and the Beast.  Can you tell I have a little one that loves that movie? Ha!).  I digress. :)  So after her best friend, Ellie got her ears pierced six months ago, I knew we were on borrowed time.  Sure enough, we caved!  Our big girl finally got her ears pierced.  She was "so cited!" (followed by lots of squealing).   
            Here she is getting her ears marked            
She had to be so very still for this part.
And stoic.  It was hilarious how serious she got!
Here goes!
Literally, she didn't even flinch!  Not even a blink!  We were shocked.  I mean, it was as if she looked at them and said....is THAT all you got?!  Ha! 
Then the smiles came out!
Here was her little certificate.  A few of the people she wanted to show her earrings to first got omitted. I guess they figured 3 people was enough. :) 
Here's a little video of the actual piercing.  Afterwards, I think she was either in shock or a little embarrassed.  And don't mind me...after a few squeals I start to blabber on about one of my former skaters who passed out after getting her's pierced.  I think these girls thought she might pass out because there was no other reaction from her.  Thank goodness we didn't have to deal with that!     
One of the girls that helped with her ears was so nice.  She took such great care of Ansley and really spoiled her.  She helped her pick out fun earrings, did her nails, let her walk the runway, and did the glitter hearts on her face.  I know they do those special things with everybody that walks in, but this girl was just so sweet!  I would recommend Sweet and Sassy to anyone looking to pamper their little girl.  It was such a great experience.  Of course Ansley is already talking about when we can get Charli's done and where her next ear piercing is going to be (wait...what?!).  I don't think so.      

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading about the great story about your ODD getting her ears pierced at Sweet and Sassy. We did our ODD at about this age there as well.

Your story reminded of a funny experience about our ODD's ears at 3 yrs after she begged for almost a year.

After piercing our ODD's ears, we came home showed daddy. He admitted that he really loved them. What happened next surprised me. Dh asked why I hadn't had our YDD's daughter, a toddler girl aged 13 mos old ears pierced! I didn't know what to say, but then our 3 yr chimed in saying she wanted her baby sister to have matching earrings like hers. Sound familiar? I told him maybe she was too young? Wrong. Now my family was ganging up on me! Everyone wanted both girls to have their ears pierced!

The next day, dh calls out to me from the family room asking me to come in there. Our almost 3 yr had gotten a pair of my earrings and was trying to put them in younger sister's ears! She almost put one in her ear canal! Dh laughed and told me, I told you that you should have pierced both girls ears. Please take her to have them pierced before we had to take her to the ER to remove an earring!

Well, I asked our ped about doing the toddler. To my surprise, she encouraged me to do our toddler when she won't remember it and when mommy can care for them properly causing fewer problems. It was summer time and I had a little more time so guess what...both my girls got their ears pierced ears within a week. I let daddy hold our 14 month old. Like your ODD, she was so pleased to have earrings like mommy and now her sister. She never cried a tear. Our girls now have matching earrings. Both are adorable too.

Don't know if you've considered having YDD's ears pierced, but it sounds like ODD is ready for her younger sister to have earrings. Looking back, our ped was right, it actually was a good idea and it wasn't even mine. Since I was the only one who needed convincing.

If you've thought of having your YDD's ears pierced, maybe your mommy intuition is telling you to do it. You've found a great place and people to do it. I know she'll be thrilled when she is older. Hopefully, you can avoid her sister or her putting one of your earrings in her ears wanting to be like mommy and her sister.

Amy