Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Boston Strong....continued.

The next day, Jason had meetings so I walked the streets of Boston (let me remind you again...police were EVERYWHERE) and I nearly walked every street in the Boston area! My first stop was the marathon memorial at the exact moment when a man was placing the three white wooden crosses that you now see in just about every memorial picture on the news. It was such a humbling moment. To make this moment even more touching I could hear bells from a neighboring church playing "God Bless America". I was literally in tears as I mourned the victims, as well as, thanked The Lord for reminding me that every day is a gift from Him.  Thank you Lord.
The rest of the day seemed pretty insignificant in comparison. However, I did refresh some of my history facts and made a few stops into some of my favorite little shops in Beantown before heading back for dinner with the hubs.
Quincy Market eating lunch (did you know that Quincy Market is visited more than Disney World in a year's time?!! Just wanted to share that new factoid I learned.)
Next, on to the Chart House that evening (one of the best meals I've had). The lobster bisque was amazing! And guess who's prime rib that is....that's right.  Mine!  The hubs ate fish and it paled in size compared to my ginormous plate of food. Ha!

The trees at Faneuil Hall
After dinner, we walked along the wharf, around Faneuil Hall, and then along some of the freedom trail in the downtown area. We indulged in some Pinkberry and then headed in for the night around 11:30. When we returned to our room, the news was broadcasting a shooting of an MIT police officer with 2 accomplices (at this point, we didn't realize the two were connected to the bombings).  We had no idea what the next day would bring.

No comments: