Friday, December 14, 2012

Update on Our BIG girl, Ansley.


I feel like a lot of posts have been about Charli recently because she's the newbie to the family and all, but Ansley has been absolutely JUST AS precious the past year and I don't think I've spent enough time documenting what she's been up to.  So....here it goes.

*She loves to snuggle.  It's on her top 10 list of things to do and we LOVE it.  In the morning, she asks for 2 things....milk and the "T.D." (T.V.) on.  I know that snuggling is a given in this situation and I couldn't be happier about that.  Jason gets his snuggles in at night right before bed and usually he extends her bedtime if she agrees to snuggle.  Weak!  She has daddy wrapped around that little finger already!

*She has a thing about tooting.  When she toots, she says...."Don't tell Jesus I tooted." We die every time!  Also, she's very adamant about Jason tooting. Without fail she says, "I don't wuv Daddy when he toots".  True story.  Daddy gets a little upset about this.  Ha! AND we must always leave the bathroom when she's doing a #2 ("tan you go out, pwease").  I know this is more than you bargained for, but I want to remember these things forever!

*She has the most beautiful hair!  I know I'm VERY partial, but we cannot go anywhere without SOMEONE commenting on her golden, curly locks.  She must love them too.  She insists on her hair being down every day (I usually try to do it half up, so it's out of the way somewhat) and HATES it when I pull it all the way up.  Her teacher, Mrs. Chasity tells me often how she loves to wash her hands at the sink....smile...wash her hands...fluff her hair...wash her hands.....fluff her hair....and sing.  We are in big trouble.

*Speaking of singing....she loves to belt it out.  Most songs are ones she's learned in the car when Jason and I are listening and practicing our church cds, but others are from school, church, etc.  Our latest video is of her directing us (Jason, me, my mom and dad) as she sings a song that Heather and I sang at church.  She usually knows every word and when she doesn't, she continues on as if she does. 

*She is really into dancing right now.  Twirling is her new thing...hands cupped above her head, arms circled above...ballerina style.  It melts our hearts.  Her twirls get bigger and faster depending on the skirt that she gets to fling around....the bigger the skirt, the better...according to Ansley.  Usually there's also lots of singing involved with her interpretive dances too. She does have some moves, but we're trying to ignore that fact so we don't end up with heart palpitations. :)
     
*She loves all things, princesses.  She could spend hours playing with them and is already dreaming up her next birthday party celebration AND which princess theme we will be going with.

*She does spirals (a skating move I showed her when she was just a little thing) ALL the time.  She's never been able to get her leg straight completely, but she's getting so close and she always asks me to check her latest leg extension.  "Mommy wook at my spiral today".  It cracks me up.

*She LOVES Charli.  And I mean LOVES HER.  I can only pray that her gentleness, patience, excitement, love, pride in her continues, because the bond that has grown between them is beyond words.  It almost brings me to tears to see their sweet little interactions together.  Ansley calls Charli..."sugarbabe" and "Char" most of the time, but others come out from time to time too.  It's seriously too much for my heart to handle.

*She always wants us to pray with her before bed.  We started this when she was just an itty bitty baby and we love to see how her prayer life has grown since then.  She always wants to pray for others and loves for us to pray for her and Charli.  Usually when we start praying for her she stands up, throws every possible body part around us, and just squeezes.  I will never forget these sweet embraces for as long as I live and I will never forget those tender moments when she says...."I love you sooo much, Mommy".  No matter what the circumstances of the day have been...she never fails to do this.  And that's why I love this job.

*She is quite the teacher.  She loves to read to "the class" aka, me (like a teacher), talk with inflection (like a teacher), and discipline (like a teacher).  She's clearly surrounded by lots of teachers (Pamaw, Aunt Whitney, and Aunt Laura.  Not to mention, her school and church teachers).  She also loves to explain that "the bible is a very special book.  It's God's True Word".  That it is, Ansley.  That it is.  And then my heart exploded.

*She is a touch accident prone.  I hate to even list this, but it's true.  The girl can get herself into a pickle in no time flat.  She usually has an array of bumps, bruises, and boo boo's, but is quick to keep on going with a kiss and a strawberry shortcake band-aid.  She is a tough one most of the time and likes it when we show her how to "shake it off".

*She loves to play outside....the cabin, her play-set, underneath our weeping cherry tree....the list goes on.  Most of all, I love that she's content in almost any situation.    

Bottom line....Ansley is one of a kind.  She is precious, unique, full of spunk, smart, witty, all rolled into a cute little package.  We love you so much, Ansley Harper!                    

No comments: