Thursday, November 8, 2012

Good Ole Rocky Top!


We had the privilege of going to Gatlinburg, TN to see Kyle and spend a little QT in the Smokies a couple of weeks ago.  Pam and Rick rented a gorgeous, 4 bedroom cabin near the strip and we stayed from Friday to Tuesday.  I've never been there before and let me just say, wow.  It was breathtaking!  And our cabin was amazing.  I wish I had taken more pictures of it because it's just hard to describe.  Each family had our own floor (Rick and Pam on the main level, Jason and I in the loft, Ryan and Whit downstairs and Kyle had his own room down there too). There was a beautiful stone fireplace, a pool table upstairs overlooking the living area, a Jacuzzi in our bedroom (how Jason and I lucked into that one, I don't know!), an entertaining area and bar downstairs, and a hot tub on the deck.  How great does that sound?!  Ah!  I want to go back!  We were minutes from Dollywood and each of us had passes to come and go as we pleased.  We shopped, ate, and relaxed.  Jason and I could not stop saying how great it was to just have uninterrupted time with the girls, to not stay in a hotel but be with everyone and have our separate spaces all at the same time, and have fun trips planned for the day.  It was perfect.    
These girls sure did like Dollywood! 
An overlook near our hiking area
We're almost up to the falls! Whew!
Finally there!

Charli with her hat on cracks me up
The next morning it was our turn to cook breakfast, so we made omelets...or should I say, Jason was the omelet master.  He was even flipping them in the pan and they were soooo yummy.  I was impressed!
The brothers
It was a rainy day, so we went to the aquarium and the girls really had a good time.  Look at those chubby cheeks.  This girl just went along for the ride!
Ansley trying to do her Vanna White pose
She looks scared, but I think she was anxious to see the next little creature
Rick took Ansley into this tunnel that ended up in the penguin exhibit.  It was so neat! The kiddos loved it.
Then Jason took Brynn and Ansley in.
Here's the tunnel they crawled through.
How fun is that?!

Again, just chillin.

Stingrays with Daddy
Kyle took care of Bea


Then the BIG kids went to Dollywood to ride the rides.  Woo hoo! So fun!
Whit and I before one of the wooden coasters.   
This almost made me pee my pants
It was misting the whole time we were there, but there were NO lines.  We had the park to ourselves. It was so great to get away and not worry about the girls.  They were happy as larks to be with Pamaw and Pappaw at the cabin.
That night we ate at Mellow Mushroom.  Numnumyum.
In front of the infamous lava lamp fireplace
We headed home on Tuesday, but before we did we headed to Dollywood for one last hoorah.
Daddy and Ansley in line for the cars
She was so excited to drive
The only problem...she wanted a pink car.  But I guess blue will do.
Next up, the carousel.  Jason looks thrilled.
She picked the horse with the mermaid on the side, of course.
Gatlinburg was so fun and we're already trying to plan another trip soon.  Ansley will ask us weekly if we can go back to "the cabin and that one place, Dowwywood where Pamaw and Pappaw took us".  I love that we are making these sweet memories.  

No comments: