Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Gram and Krista in Missouri!

A few weeks ago my only living grandparent, Grammy Booth and my cousin, Krista came to visit.  It was so exciting to have them here!  We try to see our Pennsylvania family (my dad's side) once a year or so.  Thankfully it has worked out great because we've had lots of big events in the past couple of years...weddings, babies, and family vacations.  Next year, we'll have our last wedding to attend-ah!  My cousin, Nate will be getting married in June, so we'll all make a trek to be there for the celebration.
This trip was for them to meet our newest addition, Charli and of course, visit with the rest of the family too.  It's so sad we don't live closer. I love my PA fam!
We decided to take a four wheeler ride and my Gram came along!  Seriously, she's the coolest, most active, 80 year old you'll find.  She hopped right on and wasn't scared a bit with me going fast!
My dad took Ansley for a ride too
Ready to ride the farm!  We started at the cabin, rode to my parent's rental house that's being remodeled, to the lake site, and through some of the fields.  It was a blast (and we saw an armadillo. Ha!).   
I just love this picture.  What a couple of beauts! 
My mom and Charli.  It'll be a little bit longer before she can ride. ;( 
We tried to do some fun stuff while they were in town.  We ate at Lambert's and Watami (now one of my favorite places to eat), went to the fair one evening and visited my brother's conservation pavilion, relaxed at Steele Crest Winery one afternoon, and some shopping.  Let me just say, we stayed busy!       

Krista and Charli
We had lunch at Steele Crest Winery in Jackson.  It was such a beautiful day and the band was great! 
Ansley found a little friend while we were there and she played the entire afternoon with her.  Krista got her to stop for a second to get a picture.  
My mom, Jason, and Ansley snuggling (she played too hard!).

Right before we left, Gram and Ansley had a little talk.  My gram always likes to ask questions and she's so knowledgeable about all kinds of subjects.  It makes me sad that we don't live closer because I feel like I can talk to her about a lot of different things.  The same goes for the rest of the Booth family, we just have an indescribable bond only separated by a mere 1000 miles :). Ansley felt that same bond. Every morning she asked to see "Gwammy Boof and Kwista"
Our visit to see Uncle Kyle at the fair. He showed us some pretty big snakes! Ansley wasn't the least bit scared. Imagine that.
So glad to have my Booth family in town.  We already miss them so much!

       

No comments: