Saturday, April 28, 2012

Turkey Time!

Well, it's that time again!  Turkey season is in full swing and Jason headed out to the farm the first morning he could.  Usually around this time he's asking or should I say bugging, if I want to join him, however with Charli on the way and having Ansley it just wasn't the best timing. Whew!  The thought of sitting in the blind this year with a constant stitch in my side (more on that later) does not seem like much fun.  Thankfully, on the first morning at 6:30 a.m. he called one in and got it!  I say thankfully, because now he won't be going out every morning to try to kill one (that means more sleep for me :)).  Here's a few pictures of his big kill!
Ansley was so excited and of course Jason was a bit proud too!
She kept wanting to check out his feathers 
And then she realized what an ugly, strange looking face he had.  It turned into a little science class :)
Jason can't wait until Ansley's a little older to take her on a big turkey hunt with him.  However, I'm not so sure I'll EVER be ready for that day! Ha!
    

No comments: