Friday, April 6, 2012

Disney on Ice!

My friend Tracy (whom I grew up skating with) asked a couple of months ago if I wanted to bring Ansley to the Disney on Ice show in St. Louis.  I of course said, YES (Ansley is into all things Disney and I enjoy watching the skating)!  I then asked my sweet friend, Heather and her little girl Marlee if they wanted to join us.  Marlee is a huge Tangled fan and that was the main theme of the show, along with Princess and the Frog and Cinderella.  I knew it would be a big hit with the girls and I was hoping that I could "treat" Ansley to the show if she was potty-trained by then.  Thankfully, she had been accident free for about a week before the show and I thought that a 2-hour car ride would be ok with my newly potty-trained girl.  Turns out it was fine, other than a super fast drive from St. Mary's to Perryville...about a 15 minute drive, after Ansley tells me she has to tinkle really BAD! That was a little tricky, but other than that, it went smoothly.  We had so much fun and it was my former pair partner, Matt's show, so we were able to talk and visit with him.  It has been such a long time since we've seen each other (it's been years....and it's so crazy to think we used to be with each other 24/7 growing up!) and it was so nice to catch up and hear all the exciting things he's doing. He's been with Disney for about 14 years and has moved his way up.  Now, he helps with the choreography and basically watches and critiques the show from the audience's perspective.  He was able to sit with us and take notes, which was interesting because we got the inside scoop on all the skaters.  It was such a great day and so good to see Tracy too!  I have missed getting to hang out with her as well.  Overall, it was a fantastic day with the girls!
Ansley posing at Chili's (one of our favorite places to eat)
Here she is demonstrating her spiral (she loves to grab her ankle and pull her leg up).  Skillz.
I mean, come on....get this girl some ice!  :)


No comments: