Friday, December 23, 2011

Ready, Ready, Ready, Ready....Ready to Run!!!

My friend Heather and I still needed to take the kids to see Santa this year, so we planned a night we could take them together.  I knew how Santa had gone the year before and thought having the Mayhew's there would help her with her Santa anxieties.  Things started off so well.  The Mayhew kiddos were so excited to sit on Santa's lap and sat ever so still as we all took pictures.  They told Santa their wish list and cheesed it up for the camera.
Then there was this sweet, little thing that just wasn't so sure....
It took some pep talks from her little buddies and a hand or two toward the gate... 
She was past the gate! 
And almost to his lap!  She had one simple question for Santa that she talked about all the way to the mall.  "Where's your reindeer Santa?" (He lured her over by telling her he'd show her where the reindeer were)
When she found out they were on the roof, she was ready to hit the road!
This picture of the kiddos is my favorite as they try to convince her to stay. 
Santa was persistent and Jason was too, so we tried one more time.  Nope!  Not going to happen! 
Santa was determined and nice.  He snuck up behind us while we were getting a family picture and Ansley didn't even know the difference.  That sweet Santa wanted us to have one so bad with her smiling!  We got a good one...yay! 
She was all smiles once Santa stayed clear.  Before we headed home, Heather gave Ansley a big smooch and left a pretty LASTING impression...thanks Memaw! Ha! 
There's always next year, Santa!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love this post! It is so cute how my kids were really trying so hard to get her to sit with Santa! And I can't believe that I left the big smooch on her cheek 1. because I rarely have lipstick on and 2. I always gave lectures to the grandmas for leaving kisses all over my babies faces! So funny! This is a visit to Santa you'll never forget!