Thursday, December 15, 2011

Just When I Thought Things Couldn't Get ANY Better.....


Well, we have some really exciting news!!!  Something we weren't sure would ever happen to us again.  Something we've been praying diligently for for over 2 years. 


Our family of 3 will soon be a family of 4!  Woo hoo!!!!  We are BEYOND thrilled and can't wait for this next chapter to start! God is so good!!!  I'm 16 weeks at the moment, so Ansley and the new baby will be almost 3 years apart (God willing).  I'm so thankful for this because we'll have been able to soak up 3 years of just us and Ansley....precious years I will always treasure.  I know Ansley will be the BEST big sister possible.  She is obsessed with all things baby, so I think once we get past the fact that she won't be getting all of our undivided attention...she will be a great little helper!  We CAN NOT WAIT!

Here we are at the Dr.'s office after the first ultrasound.  There's a little peanut in there! We were considered 6 weeks and 3 days at this point according to the scan.  Dr. Carns wanted to do one to make sure there was a baby and thankfully we saw a heartbeat.  Praise God!  Of course, the tears were streaming when we first saw that little heart thumping.  What an amazing miracle life is!    
My mom and dad were along to see the baby and help wrangle Ansley.  She was full of excitement!  
This picture cracks me up....she was telling me what her shirt said
"BIG SISSER"
        We are overjoyed and praying continuously for the health of this baby!  It's one of Ansley's favorite prayer requests...."and da baby in mommy's bewy".  It can't get any sweeter than that.  I know Jesus is enjoying her many prayers for this baby :)

2 comments:

Mallory said...

Congratulations!!!! What joyful news! I'll be praying for y'all! Dr. Carns delivered both of my nephews! :) They live in Jackson...

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

congrats!!! congrats!! congrats!!! I am so excited for you! I LOVE that little picture of the feet/legs too :) I "pinned" that one, but it was too late for me. I just got finished seeing Dr. Carns...I LOVE her, she is the best. I am almost done with my journey but can't wait to keep up with yours