Friday, October 22, 2010

Ansley Harper's Room!

Kelly's Korner blog theme this week is nurseries, so I thought I would give a glimpse into little Ansley's world!  When we found out Ansley was in fact a girl, pink and green were definitely the colors of choice.  I couldn't wait to pick them out!  This room came together with a whole lot of help from Rick and Pam (Jason and my dad were remodeling our basement at the time) we managed to create a pretty adorable space!  Rick and Pam did all the painting for me and then hung just about everything!  Pam is a pretty accurate taper and hanger and Rick is just always go with the flow!  Because of their help, I was able to accomplish the vision I had intended!  I love it and can't wait until Ansley can really appreciate the love that was put into it.
 Unfortunately, I had to use flash in these pictures (yuck), so just envision it being cuter in person!
 I made Ansley's name that is hanging above the bed with wooden letters and scrapbook paper.
Pom poms by Martha (which I totally should have made myself) and a piggy bank from GG. The canvas art was made by my very talented friend, Ashley and given to me by a friend from church. This is one of my most favorite things in the room! Along with the platter that my sister-in-law, Laura got for me!  The book was made by Pam (also a favorite) and the Willow Tree Angel was a gift while I was pregnant with Ansley.  Look closely...the pink part of the wall was polyurethaned in a stripe pattern to give it an extra shimmer...I think it turned out great!
This scripture is so dear to my heart. I can remember praying this over Ansley while she was in the womb! 
 
This memo board was a shower gift from some of my precious friends that helped get us through those long months of infertility...thanks Mert and Chrisy! I made the lampshade with ribbon and one of the frames was made by my friend, Lilo. It holds one of my most favorite pictures of Jason and Ansley!
More pics to come soon! 

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Love the hanging pom poms {and the adorable boppy cover!}!

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

Oh my goodness!! Ansley's nursery is precious!!!!

Kendra said...

Such a cute room! Love it!

Miranda said...

WOW! Her room is SO ADORABLE!!! You have a great eye for decorating! :-) It's the perfect little girls room! :-)

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Her nursery is so sweet and adorable!
I am new to your blog, and a brand new follower, your family is beautiful!