Friday, June 11, 2010

Ansley Harper: 11 Months

*You are walking!  Your first steps were taken on May 16th in front of some of our friends (R & W, and Matt & Kristi).  I'm pretty sure you were showing off for your future boyfriend, Alex!   

*You love to paddycake these days!  You are officially clapping, rolling them up ,and sometimes throwing them in the pan all by yourself(we haven't quite mastered throwing them).

*You like to wave "Hi" and "Bye-bye" in the most adorable way!  You definitely have a sweet little pageant wave going on!

*You are finally saying momma!  You don't say it often, but it melts my heart when you respond to me as something other than dadda.  I just know you were waiting for the perfect time (the night before Mother's day) to show off your new word!

*You are infatuated with your little buddies, Jansen and Alex!  You are always wanting to play with their hair, legs and arms, or give them your sweet kisses.  It is so fun to watch you!  In the church nursery, you are known to try and rock Alex to sleep :).

*Our little family celebrated my first Mother's Day together.  I can't tell you how I have always longed for the day I could be a mom.  To have a child of my own was something I always dreamed of and God gave us such a blessing in you.  You are truly a gift, Ansley and I am blessed to be called your mommy!

*We all loaded up in GG's van and drove to see our Pennsylvania family the last week of May.  They loved on you so much and we made some good memories!  For example, Aunt Diane giving you celery :)

*You love to shrug up your shoulders and smile from ear to ear...to show you are ecstatic about something.  It is the most precious thing that you do!  Words can't even describe this!  I will have to post a video of you doing it!

*You have 8 teeth (4 on top, 4 on bottom)!  This 8th tooth came in on May 19th, and it never fails you always get a runny nose and a little cough.  Thank the Lord, you always seem to snap back!

Ansley, we love you so much and thank God daily for you!  You are amazing in every way and we can't believe how you have enriched our lives the past 11 months! 

No comments: