Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Charli's potty training adventures!

Well, I think we officially have one less child in diapers.  Woo hoo! A few weeks ago (November 12th to be exact) Charli started going on the big girl potty!  I started the whole process a little earlier than I did with Ansley.  I knew at this point (almost 2.5 years old) that they both understood it, however with Ansley I didn't push it.  She didn't want to go and I didn't really want the hassle of running to the bathroom all the time.  With Charli I felt the same way, but she started telling me that I needed to change her diaper and that she had just gone potty, so I knew it was time.  Plus, we're going on a Disney cruise in April and she needs to be fully potty trained to swim in the pool.  That alone was motivation enough for both of us to get things moving and now she's so proud to tell everyone that she could go to Disney (as if we'd leave her if she wasn't :) ).  She really hasn't had that many accidents, other than a few poops, so I think we're on a roll!  We even made it to Pennsylvania and back without any accidents.  Of course I should mention, we whipped out the potty chair several different times and put it in the front seat for her to go right there on the side of the interstate.  We all stood outside of the truck in the blistering cold and watched her from the windows (as if we needed to give her privacy....?  I still don't know why we did that).  Regardless, she was a rockstar on our road trip for sure!  One of the things that cracks me up is that she is always still so proud of herself when she goes.  The excitement is still fresh for her. 

While we were training her, we bribed her with treats. :) She could either pick 2 M&Ms or 2 Skittles if she successfully went and most of the time she chose the Skittles.
Here's a snippet from one of her first times going. I'm the weirdo that videos that sort of thing. :)

On our way to PA....during one of our many pit stops.
 photo IMG_6143_zpsbb8f7c01.jpg
              

No comments: