Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Charli Suttyn:20 Months!

IMG_a5778
OH GIRL!  You are so FUN!
 
*You're babbling and talking a lot! We can't understand much except for the two of us (meaning you and I). I can usually understand what you want because I've learned Charli speak, but it's not easy. You like to say "dat" and "more" a lot and sometimes it's a complete guessing game, but hey....you've finally mastered momma and daddy! :) 
 
*You may not speak a whole lot, but your receptive language is amazing.  You know exactly what we're saying and you get your point across with or without words.  You are a smart little cookie.

*You've got the most beautiful curly hairy. It's thinner than Ansley's has ever been, but some days I feel like it's curlier. We usually rock the front ponytail (the front fountain), but it can also be put all the way up and it's adorable!
Watch out if you happen to see her right after a nap.  This girl can crank out some bed head like no other!
 
*You've started this new thing....you alarm me of a dirty diaper.  It's pretty funny really. It goes a little something like this.....you find me IMMEDIATELY to be changed and hold yourself UNTIL I change it.  Usually, there's several "UH OH's" that follow. You're such a mess.  Smart, but a mess.  Now, if I can get you to tell me a little earlier!

*We have most of our teeth now! Bottom canines and all of your molars...or whatever they are!

*You like Barney, Dora, and Minnie Mouse shows. You'll really watch them for a little longer if it involves snuggle time on the couch with Daddy. For whatever reason, you'll sit still if the situation is exactly that. Otherwise, no way!

*Your favorite thing to do, by far is read books. You are hooked and so very studios! Ha!
You could literally sit in my lap and listen to me read or go through your picture board books for hours if I could do it. You LOVE the tab books where there's a surprise on each page. Your sweet squeals of excitement after every page is the most precious thing-even if it's been 20 times.

*You have mastered cow, duck, horse, and dog sounds. Whew!
 
*You love to do somersaults! And rocking and rolling all over our king sized bed. You go from one end to the other giggling and falling wildly. Scares me silly!
 
*We've noticed you're quite the nail picker.  It seems so strange that at this age it would bother you so much to have a hang nail, but it does! When I've noticed there's no sign of Charli anywhere and she's become quiet....it's because she's found a hang nail somewhere!  She's either investigating her nails or her toes.  No hang nails allowed for this girl!
 
Love YOU, sweet Char!

No comments: