Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The GREAT Snowfall of 2013!

We had some incredible snowfall happen here in Missouri back at the beginning of the month.  It was gorgeous, powdery snow and the girls were so excited to get out in it. Me....not so much, but they had their sweet little faces plastered to the windows most of the day, so I decided to bite the bullet and get out there.  I knew I couldn't refuse them the fun.  The part I hate most is the bundling and the MESS of wet when we come back in.  UGH!  I just kept telling myself....these days will be gone in a flash and I'll be wishing for my babies to make all these messes. :(
That's usually what it takes to get me motivated for things like this.  Ha!

These girls were raring to go!
(Notice the 18 layers of clothing-we could not afford to lose any limbs to frostbite).
IMG_a4795
Ansley was the most excited to show Charli the snow.
IMG_a4801
She was a little hesitant at first, but once she saw Ansley rolling around in it....it was game on!
I<a href=

IMG_a4821
Sled time!
IMG_a4834
I was a mess thinking someone was going to get hurt.  I've clearly x-rayed too many sledding accidents gone wrong!
IMG_a4839
Jason even made it home for some of the snow action!
IMG_a4835
We have a great little hill next to the house.  The only concern was hitting the barn. Ha!
IMG_a4847 IMG_a4852
Then it was snow angel time. She was seriously giddy.
IMG_a4805
I loved seeing how happy the snow made her!
IMG_a4820
And this girl...she had the BEST time ever!
IMG_a4824
She got a few snowballs lobbed at her by a certain sister.
IMG_a4826
And loved it!
IMG_a4828
I'm so glad the girls were able to enjoy the snow this year.  It was so cold, but so WORTH it! 

No comments: