Friday, March 15, 2013

Our Newest Furry Addition

We got a little kitten!  If you read this post, you understand why.  We had an unfortunate event with the first barn kitten, so we felt like if there was an opportunity to get another one....we HAD to take it (even though I'm highly allergic!  What crazy person signs up for that?!).  My cousin's kitten just had a small litter and there was one that looked similar to the one we found in the barn.  So similar, in fact, that when we surprised Ansley with her on Saturday she said..."Daddy, you found her?!" (Meaning....you found the kitten that passed away?!)  Oh my, even though we only had the kitten for an evening...she still remembered it (and then my heart broke a little. She thought we had revived her little kitty).  I don't know why I was surprised...she had been telling me last week "mommy, when I get another kitty, I want her to sleep in my bed".  Sure.  Bring a ball of fuzz in and kick mommy out.  No problem!  She clearly was not giving up on a kitty, so we took the plunge!  
            This was her, "I can't believe that's a real kitty stare"       
                       Embracing her ball of fuzz for the first time  
                          
      She was so happy (notice little Piper is already trying to run off)
                              
                            How could I say no to a smile like that?!                       
                      Charli loves our new little kitty too.  She even lets her nibble on her toes and fingers when we're not watching.  :) She just giggles.                     
Everyone seems really attached to Piper, except me.  I'll be in the next room trying to stop the sneezing, keep my eyes from gouging out, and find something to do a tracheostomy with (I know this sounds awful, but it really gets that bad).  Oh the things we do for our children!  
Little Piper will soon be enjoying her home outside once it gets a little warmer.  

No comments: