Monday, January 7, 2013

More Christmas!

Putting up Ansley's tree this year was so much fun.  First of all, she could barely keep her little britches on she was so excited to decorate it!   Secondly, she was so funny as we were getting all her ornaments out...."oh mommy, who got dis one for me?!", "mommia, dis wooks so bootiful" and "oh mommy, wook at sweet baby Jesus!"  I could have died.  I felt like the year was complete after seeing her excitement during the Christmas season and the interactions between her and Charli.  It was seriously magical and one I never want to forget.  
This year she got to place all the ornaments with just a little guidance from me. :)
My 2 love bugs.  Some days I can't believe how similar they look!
We also visited my friend Kristen and her little girl, Kaleigh over Christmas.  Charli and Kaleigh are two weeks apart.  Even though I'm a second time mom, I love having a friend who's going through the same stage of motherhood! 
For our visit, we plopped the girls on the floor with several toys surrounding them and momma Ansley helped keep their little hands full.  She loved having 2 babies to take care of!
Poor Kaleigh had to share her toys with Charli  
They played really well at first and then....
Charli stole the book!  This picture cracks me up!
We eventually got her chewing on something different and everyone was happy!
It just seems like yesterday when Kristen and I were running around as kiddos (I should probably say skating around, since we did everything in our skates), getting into trouble during our St. Louis summers, and all the crazy stories we have as two ice skaters just trying to grow up together.  She was my skating buddy, swimming buddy, sleeping buddy, and now my St. Louis buddy.  :) 
We will forever be lifelong friends. 
I still can't believe that we are even old enough to have babies. :)
So glad we were able to get together over the busy holiday season and get pictures of our little ones!

No comments: