Wednesday, October 17, 2012

St. Louis part 1

We have been out of town so much lately!  It's been soooo fun and really what our little family needed, but I'm anxious to not have anywhere to be. Ha!  A couple of weeks ago we, along with my mom's family, went to Clarksville to visit some our extended family.  We took the girls and also planned a trip to the zoo on Sunday.  Saturday was all about seeing my great-cousin's farmhouse and spending some quality with all of them.  They are all so neat! And the house and farm was so beautiful tucked away in the middle of some fields.  It was an absolutely gorgeous setting!  Ansley and the kiddos enjoyed the freedom of not being anywhere close to a major road and roamed the grounds as their little curiosities led them.  First stop was this old wagon that Ansley and Jansen loved to jump around in. 
I could hardly pry her from it 
The wrap around porch was so nice and we all just mingled and relaxed on it. My great aunt Shirley (my grandpa Milford's sister) was sitting next to my Aunt Debbie.  She is the matriarch of the Clarksville/St. Louis family. :)
Jason and my brother 
Here is Jeff, my dad, and Charli.  This beautiful place belongs to Jeff and his wife who is currently traveling on business in Europe.  Must be nice! 
The Beel's and my SIL, Laura 
After eating, talking, and playing in the hot tub, we walked the farm.  Ansley loved the goats.  We almost took a few home. They were so sweet. Ha! 
I'm sure the goats were ready to get rid of us after Jeff wanted to see Shelby tie one up (she used to rope calves). 
She caught him! 
Next we visited the beautiful barn.  It was immaculant! 
This tac room puts ours to shame. You could have eaten off the floor!
The old boat was a hit too. 
This cracks me up.  Ansley and her princess swimsuit up her hiney.  This picture pretty much sums up our Miss A. She's an adventuresome girly girl! 
Picking up buckeyes together by the creek
Jason spotted the most perfect buckeye and decided to scale the tree.  It absolutely scared me to death.  I was not amused, but definitely amazed by his burliness AFTER he returned to the ground ;) 
And a crazy 4-wheeler ride with Jason.  We just about fell off the back!  
After a fun day at Jeff's, it was time to call it a night.  
Here's the group shot of all of us minus the Sawyers and the Bollingers, they left before we took the picture :(.  
It was so great to be with our extended family!

No comments: