Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ansley's 3rd Birthday!!!

I can't believe I'm even writing that title right now.  Seriously, it is break-ing.my.heart.  But oh what a happy day it was!  Ansley's one request...."mommia, for my birfday can I have wots of children come to my house?"  Well, who could refuse that request and how funny that she referred to her friends as children?! Oh that girl! So, we invited all her little buddies and had quite a day!  She also wanted a Rapunzel party, so I went into high gear trying to get it together, with lots of help from my MIL and mom (executing a party gets a little more difficult with a newborn)!  I thankfully had lots of help and had somewhat of a vision as to what I wanted to do, but of course, I'm CRAZY and thought I could once again do her cake.  I say this EVERY year....I will NEVER do that again, too much goes into it, BUT for 3 years now....I persuade myself to give it another go (I swear it's like childbirth).  And Jason says every year....I'll pay someone, whatever the cost, I'll pay them!  Ha! Our kitchen always gets tore up in the process, which is definitely a pain (on top of trying to get your house ready, decorations up, and food ready).  Whew!  But this year....the reward was in seeing Ansley lay her eyes on it for the first time.  "Oh mommy, it's just beautiful!"  Those are the moments that make it ALL worth it!  Ok, enough about the silly cake.  On to the PAAAARTAA!!!  

This girl had one AWESOME day!

Ansley's party attire:  Skirt from Zullily ($8) and her shirt was from Hobby Lobby ($1), the 3 was made with my Silhouette! 
Ansley's Tangled cake made with an Oatmeal container (tower), Rice Krispie treats (roof) , and cake (bottom tier) 
The presents!
The treat table

Birthday banner
The canopy and sphere chandeliers made with balloons and yarn
The four of us
Our basement has never been so packed!
My beautiful bestie :)
My cousins
She was sooo excited to dig into her cake
All her little buddies gathered around to see her blow out the candles
She loved us singing "Happy Birthday" to her
Blowing out her 3 candles
Ansley still enjoying her piece of cake. Ha!
Present time!
Charli was there!  She just got passed around for most of the party. ;)
Pony rides for the princess and all her friends
The playground was a big hit too
And the pool....oh the fun!  This picture makes me so happy!  Ellie and Ansley are such great friends!
She is a water baby
Love this one....Trevor spraying the girls!!!

Someone lost their diaper! It's not a party until someone's lost their diaper. Ha!

It was such a wonderful day of celebration.  Ansley was so excited and had such a fun time.  We are so thankful for our friends and family that helped celebrate the life of our little princess, Ansley. :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

You totally outdid yourself on this one! What a fabulous party! The cake was spectacular, although I do believe you're totally out of your mind for tackling that! Next year, take Jason's offer for your own sanity! HA! Seriously, I don't know how you did it all with Miss Charli nursing around the clock! You are supermom! :)